I used wineskin and winery to install WINE containers for the apps I want to run on the MAC. This article describes how I did it and cross references to some hyperlinks and other articles on this wiki. I
Like many packages, there seems to be an update, installer and an execution package. The package manager, called winery is on
- The Wineskin Download page.
- WINE on this wiki
- Wine and NWN, on this wiki, which is specific to installing NWN
- Adventures in Faerun with an Apple MAC, a blog article about installing NWN on a MAC
How to install an application into Wineskin
- Downloaded Winery.app
- Used Winery to download the most recent engine
- Created a Wrapper
- For NWN I copied a good folder into ../drive_c, but there is an install windows program button, which can also be used. It will install from install media.
- Set the startup program as appropriate
- Open the .app and set the configuration parameters as appropriate
To make the Icon, I used pngfactory as the source. I used img2icns to convert the icon to an appropriate format for the Mac. Wineskin has a feature that allows one to associate a .icns file with the wrapper.
Wineskin is designed to encapsulate a single application and has a single default program and a single icon assignment.