While researching my articles on the UK 2014 budget, I wanted to write a quick note on Annuity prices, yields and interest rates, I came across nothing easy to find, but did come across these,
There is a companion wiki article on the UK 2014 Budget.
A loan involves a bank giving someone a wedge of cash in exchange for an agreed periodic payment.
An annuity involves a bank giving someone an agreed periodic payment in exchange for a wedge of cash.
They are the same thing! So we should be able to price them the same way.
- UK Budget 2014 I wrote two blog articles on the 2014 Budget, one pretty snippy about the patronising […]
- Yvette Cooper at Demos The challenges of a Digital World to our Security and Liberty – Yvette Cooper speech to […]
- Estimation Errors Is there any theory that talks to human optimism or pessimism when making estimates in […]
- UK Immigration I was thinking about the Brexit vote and the way that Immigration came to dominate the […]
- The economics of brexit Like a goal kick chant. While researching my EU referendum contributions unlike some I […]