An unfinished white Paper by Emmanuelle Avril of the Université Sorbonne Nouvelle. The paper is called, The (Unintended) Consequences of New Labour: Party Leadership vs Party Management in the British Labour Party. and was presented to the Political Studies Association 2015 conference, in March so before the election. The abstract states, Continue reading “New Labour and Party Management”
The Labour Party NEC elections have started. Ballot papers are being issued now, to arrive by email by 16th July and by post by 22nd July. They are to be returned by Noon 5th August. I expect them to be both online or paper ballots. This post is designed to be informative and not polemical. Continue reading “Labour’s NEC Elections 2016”
I don’t know how popular my hosting of the LP rules has become, but the Labour Party doesn’t really get permalinks. I have decided in the interests of informed debate to mirror Labour’s Chakrabarti Inquiry findings. Labour’s launch of the report was a debacle and fell foul of the dead cat on the table disruption. Continue reading “Labour’s Chakrabarti Inquiry”
A meeting of Labour Friends of the ORG was held at ORGcon yesterday, where Claude Moraes MEP spoke, we agreed to try and stay in touch, initially via Google Groups. The google group is called Labour Friends of the ORG and Continue reading “Labour Friends of the ORG (rebooted)”
This is a suspended/abandoned project.
- British Library Microforms index, includes a collection called “Archives of the British Labour Party. Speeches and Press Statements of the Labour Party.”
- The Labour Party’s youtube user page
- Labour History Archive at the People’s History Museum
- An interesting pen picture from the BBC, called Party Backgrounds
- Labour moves against Militant, from you tube, a news article reporting Labour’s NEC’s decision to ‘investigate’ Liverpool Labour party with a view to expelling the Militant.
- Party Political April 1992 from youtube, of course. There is also a PPB dated March 1992