It needs to be done, badly, has done for years, but is the DE bill an incentive to replace it with an appliance to act as a router/firewall etc. I am planning to move the internet facing services to a web hosting company’s server, but do I need something small and UNIXy.
- Shuttle X27D, thier own page on the X27D
- Their European product page
- http://www.icubes.co.uk/, a UK dealer that’ll sell one, they’re based in Slough and have a customer that puts Ubuntu on it, however it only has one disk. Do I care?
- El Reg’s Review it seems its desktop capable
- http://www.nexenta.org/, one OS if I can be bothered to get on top of it, although what’s its future now Oracle own Solaris.
How would one perform the initial boot?
More or Less
I also worte a blog article at Sun, here…., dated 31 Jan 2006, seemingly when I first got it. The style is pretty pompous, but i suppose I’ve got to get used to it, that’s a bit of me.
I eventually had to get rid of it when both disks went in a couple of months. I eventually transferred the bliki to an AWS machine.