I decided I wanted to author a module. So I found the obvious resources and links and started the tutorial, the Invasion of Fern. [Aurora Toolset Tutorial] I, of course, found some stuff to be missing. This page is my my how to code a module page. This article contains broken Bioware links and now broken Vault links.
These need to be made usable. Do they need their name changed?
- I started a thread called Help required, shingles and signposts, which refered to the following NWN Vault page, Placeable on Used Examine
which means that the description box will appear as is examined. The .mod file that accompanies the package has two flags one of which is automatically examined, the other which requires an action.
Boxes and Transformers
In order to build a transformer i.e. a box that you put things in and something else comes out, I would first need to work out how to place some crates with treasure in them.
I want to make a chicken a monster that can be killed and a treasure found, either some chicken meat, other meat if too hard and/or a diamond.
- google:tutorial nwn aurora
- Bioware builders
- Neverwinter Nights, Builder’s page
- Bioware’s Module Construction Tutorial, at Builders, hosts a .pdf, which walks you through building the Invasion of Fern module. Also Bioware’s Tutorial .pdf.
- Developers at Bioware
- NWN Aurora Toolset Help Guide – UPDATE, dated June 2005
- The Planet Neverwinter Nights toolset site. It has a tutorial to create ‘wandering monsters’ i.e. creatures that move between waypoints.
- wikipedia Aurora Toolset
Copied accross in July 2013, the link to the Bioware hack entry was added and my local copy of the Toolkit Manual uploaded and added.