Lustre is the premier HPC parallel file system.
It was originally an open source project which Sun Microsystems bought and when the Oracle aquisition occurred it seems that Oracle failed to run with it
Here are some links I found,
Unfortunately the last of these points to an old Sun web site page, that no longer works and I can find no reference to the Lustre .rpms on the Oracle Site, except on this Oracle Technet page about HPC.
I want to install it to run some tests but can’t find the rpms.
So it seems that http://www.whamcloud.com/ have picked up the ball.
- Amazon : Lustre File System
- Google: how to install fedora on amazon
- Google: how to install lustre
- The Lustre 1.8 Operations Manual
- Whamcloud’s Wiki front page
- Getting Started with Lustre at Whamcloud
The US NRAO says this about it, detailing the Red Hat sources
An alternative might be http://www.pvfs.org/