Liferay is an open source, free portal server written in Java.
They have a Quick Start page which illustrates a 4 step how to get started process. Liferay comes bundled with a private copy of its web container, and with tomcat binds to localhost:8080.
- I have changed the AWS firewall rules to permit it to work.
- I have amended the user list, and changed the passwords
- I have uploaded a picture of myself for my profile
I need to
- Install SysV init scripts
- Work out how to use apache as a proxy
- Change to MySQL
- Work out how to make it work
Container Version Control
The 6.0.6 version has a .war only at Source Forge. I have downloaded this to the VM. I plan to use it to install Liferay in a version of tomcat maintained by Ubuntu’s apt-get.