I have been interested in trying to grow ginger for a while. I have consolidated my notes on the subject in this post.
I tried in 2016, in the allotment, having found this link, which suggests that it’ll work in the Uk: Ginger Part Deux, see Growing Ginger Root. It didn’t. Looks like I should take the advice below, and take note of its need for a shady location. They recommend spring or late winter planting.
And I wrote in 2014, that Ginger would be fun, but indoors or green house needed, again; advice is to buy root from specialist food shop. The guardian writes about it here.
See also my wiki article on gardening
- Gardening About my Garden
Two lines of potatoes in the left bed 23 Apr 2017
- Bathroom Downlighters How many Dave's does it take to change a light bulb? It depends where. We have some down […]
- Buying a Flat 2013 I am buying a flat in London. Some things have changed.
There is a property shortage […]
- Self Build Homes Housing is stupidly expensive in the UK, would it be cheaper to build my own? I did a […]
- Greenwich On the 23rd May 2009, the Guardian published an article in their "Let's move to" series, […]